Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Media

Somethings make me laugh. Other things make me want to scream.

The first story is just funny. A late night comedian (I can't remember who - I heard the quote on the radio this morning.) said that Ch*ney is related to more gays and blacks than the R*publican has members. SO FREAKIN' TRUE!

***

The second story irks me to no return. It infuriates me on so many levels. But the most bothersome comparison is of pedophilia and homosexuality - that they are both disorders. You know I have many an issue with the Church's antiquated points of view on homosexuality and MANY other topics. But when the Church compares or insinuates that pedophilia and homosexuality are linked or that they are equal and related disorders. I want to scream! Throw something! Sorry you stinkin' homophobes it is not the same thing!

Let me give you the definition of both.

ho·mo·sex·u·al (hō'mə-sěk'shōō-əl, -mō-) Pronunciation Key
adj. Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex. (American Heritage Dictionary)

ped·o·phil·i·a (pěd'ə-fĭl'ē-ə, pē'də-) Pronunciation Key
n. The act or fantasy on the part of an adult of engaging in sexual activity with a child or children.
(Dictionary.com)

Maybe the Church leaders can see that they are not related! One is between two consenting adults! A sexual orientation just like heterosexual. The other is a HUGE problem that destroys people's lives. It is a horrendous act against a child. They are not related. Psychologists have not linked the two; I should reputable and non-bias psychologists with a political slant have not linked the two. They are separate - unrelated!

Can someone remind me why I follow the teachings of these baboons! Oh yeah - it is a religion not a cult!

5 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

interesting ... thanks for sharing

Samantha said...

Well said!

Susan said...

I feel that way about the same religion sometimes...

Wordgirl said...

Hear hear!

I want to write a post on religion soon...I am always mulling about these sorts of things...as a person who no longer identifies with the religion of my birth -- a person strongly allied with the GLBT community -- I try to figure out where it is that the loving god I believe in resides...and where are those followers?

Thank you for the thoughts today -- and thank you for your support -- it has been so comforting.

Pam

LJ said...

Racism and homophobia just really piss me off. Thanks for sharing these snippets.