Friday, February 02, 2007

Crochet - My hobby **UPDATED**



It started a month before we started to try.

A friend of T's was having a baby and we had gotten to be very close to this family. T was going to be the baby's Godfather. And I wanted to do something special.

I remembered that I knew some basic stitches in crochet and with my Mother's help and crochet book, I jogged my memory.

A whole 2 years 5 months. Since then I have made blankets for friends, family and acquaintances (aprx. 15). I have a secret desire to make a blanket for each baby I know.

And I am very grateful for this hobby and true joy. So, I'd thought I'd show you some of my work.

********

To answer some of your inquiries. I started by using a how too book. I wasn't really particular when I chose it. Since, I've given it away and I don't remember the name. It was actually a rather corny book that your grandmother would pick up. But it had great illustrations and it was enough to jog my memory.

From there I purchased several other books with fun projects and stitch ideas. I highly recommend; Stitch 'N Bitch Cr*chet: The Happy H**ker by Debbie Stoller and The Cr*chet Stitch Bible by Betty Barnden. Both of these books also have how to sections and would be able to help you get started.

Lastly, the bag I made up the pattern as I went. It was during an enlightened phase. Actually, I think I might start another. I need something to keep my mind off of things.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow! You are very talented. Love the purse/bag, and I think I'd like to curl up with that blanket. I know only a few basic stitches for crochet, but I have never ventured beyond the standard 70's looking afghan.

By the way, thank you so much for visiting me. I cherish your comments.

Baby Blues said...

Nice! Beautiful crochet work. I've always wanted to learn crochet. Maybe I'll take it up in the 9mw, whenever that may be.

LJ said...

I haven't yet learned crochet. I'm barely past knitting items that are a rectangle.

Any good recommendations on easy places to start?

Glitter said...

I need to crochet like you. It's awful I still can only do scarves.

Anonymous said...

These bracelets have been designed to provide thomas sabo onlineshop
you with the largest possible quantity of ohrringe creolen benefits in a variety of different areas. They have been designed in a variety of different styles, thomas sabo online shop deutschland
using different metals so that your personal thomas sabo uhr
tastes and budgets can be accommodated. angebote thomas sabo armketten
The bracelets are available in different schmuck thomas sabo
sizes and are adjustable so that no matter thomas sabo shop what size your wrist is there will be a bracelet that will sabo charms
fit you and provide your body with all the benefits that are offered to you. thomas sabo schmuck
The core of the bracelets is constructed from thomas sabo glaube liebe hoffnung
flexible steel that is reported to have under gone a secret process that leads to its ionization.