Thursday, February 22, 2007

Please donate. **With additions in the comment section.**

Thank you ladies for your words of support. No worries, I will indeed do the insurance application. The feeling of utter terror was so overwhelming, that I needed to vocalize it here before it consumed me.

This blog is a safe place, where without saying things out loud, I can say them here. And as a pensieve, my thoughts, feelings, etc. are held here without consuming me.

Ok...for the reason I am posting today.

My family and I are continuing my cousin's faithful service to the Brain Tumor Society and their yearly Ride for the Cure. As my part (since I am hoping to be ART cycling during the event), I thought to start a blog and I will be virtually riding.

The blog link is right here, please click Bobby's Bikers. And if you can spare any money, please do donate.

If you feel so inclined, please refer others to the blog. (I've posted some photos of the handsome man.)

Thank you all for everything.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been told that ART's are when the eggs are removed and manipulated outside the body, I did not know that you are at that step already.
And does a cycle of treatment really mean that you can not ride a bicycle for real???? Oops...I didn't realize.

Esperanza said...

IUIs are considered ART. And it doesn't necessiraly mean I can't ride a bike - but knowing my uncoordinated body and the fact I have been on one for 16 years. I don't think it is a great idea to endanger myself or other riders.

Not to mention, that I have no way to know if I will be absolutely able to do the ride. I could be right in the middle of the 2ww or even potentially get lucky and have a maybe baby in there.

:). Really I'm not that rediculous.

Unknown said...

What an amazing person your cousin is/was. Thanks for giving us a way to help this group.

Enjoy that virtual ride!

Anonymous said...

I am learning so much from reading your blog.
IUI is an ART and you can not ride a bicycle if you are pregnant. Good things to know in my coming adventures.
Did you do the ride before? How was it? How do you get involved in the actual ride?

Aurelia said...

Good luck with the fundraising, I'll go over and see the blog.