Friday, June 13, 2008

Evolution


Happy 2 year blog anniversary to me! And 300th post!

A few other stats which I found interesting:

I’ve had 36,134 site visits, 2,217 profile views, and 1,673 comments.

So every one who has ever come to visit and especially for all who have left me a comment, thank you!

My little blog started because I had so many things rolling around in my head regarding infertility. It at first was avoiding my physical and mental explosion, then it turned into a chronicle of our infertility treatments and ode to our unborn child(ren), and it eventually reverted back to my pensieve.

All in all, it has been my cathartic therapy and you all my care givers in a difficult time.

During an interview, I had someone say to me, “You are what you present yourself to be. There is no hiding with you.” I was initially shocked by this assessment after taking a personality test – because it was so true. For the past two years, this blog has been me - reflective, sad, mournful, and one dimensional.

Since stopping treatment, nine months ago, I realized that I am more than my infertility; but, at the same time, I had forgotten who that was. With the help of T, I’ve been able to recapture a bit of myself.

In the spirit that time heals all wounds, I’ve come to a conclusion that my whole is greater than my sum of my parts. As a result, I am planning on nurturing all of my parts.

To be clear, I would describe myself in the following words:

American, baker, blogger, brown eyed, brunette, calligraphist, Catholic, college grad, cousin, crafter, daughter, Democrat, ditzy, evolving, fair, feminist, friend, granddaughter, law abiding, lover of history, infertile, inquisitive, Liberal, kitty momma, multi-lingual, niece, paralegal, Portuguese, quick to laugh, reader, shoe aficionado, straight shooter, sister, strong, student, tall, thoughtful, traveler, wife, woman, yogi.

Ultimately, infertility will always be a part of me, hence a part of this blog. However, I will be focusing more on my other parts. And I know this is the right choice for me. Since making this decision, I've had to put myself on hold on blogging, I actually have five posts written - I wanted this post to be my 300th - the official turning point. But, I realized I have so much to talk about (books, the news, cooking, yoga, etc.).

I realize that by venturing outside the IF community, I may come across individuals who have strong beliefs against ART. As a result, I’ve only listed non-infertility blogs that interest me or password protected blogs (that I am unable to access thru G**gle reader). Please note, I’ve transferred my previous list and will continue to read and comment.

Truly, I hope that you will continue to read, comment, and get to know a little bit more about me. But, I will also understand if you decide not to.

Please know that I don’t believe in change for the sake of change, but I do believe in evolution. To me, this is the beginning of mine, my evolution to my new self. Knowing where I’ve come from, knowing my separate parts, and knowing that I am greater than all of my parts. (May be this is what it means for me to live without children?)

Thank you and welcome – I hope you stay for another two years and 300 posts.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy blogoversary, and good luck with your new format! I think it's a good one. : )

loribeth said...

Happy blogoversary! Love your new profile description. : ) I'll be here reading, as long as you're writing.

Susan said...

I'll see you tonight! Whoo Hoo....

Mama Bear said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, and happy blogoversary! (And thank you for sharing a photo, pretty lady! :-)

I think all blogs, at one point or another, evolve. It's the nature of the beast. They are journals and we evolve and bring them with us, wherever we go. I for one will be excited to follow your journey.

BigP's Heather said...

Happy Blogoversary!!

Infertility blogs all morph into something else. Either living child-free, adopting, pregnancy, or mothering blogs. Fortunately, we all move on and hopefully time heals the wounds.

luna said...

happy blogoversary and 300th post! love the new look. write about whatever you want. evolution is a natural part of life.

Pamela T. said...

Happy, Happy blogoversary and congratulations on deciding to focus on enriching all aspects of you. Looking forward to reading more!

Kristen said...

Happy Blogoversary to you! XOXO

Wordgirl said...

Oh Dianne,

Look how lovely you are!!! Happy Blogoversary!

I will follow you -- whatever path it may be.

I can't wait to read!


Pam

Samantha said...

Heather is right - all infertile blogs do morph into something else. I have always appreciated reading your blog and hope that the new directions will continue to give you support and place to voice feelings and ideas on all of your parts.

Unknown said...

Love it! Love the new hair cut, love the new look to your blog (is it new? I'm so used to reading through blogl.ines that I just now noticed the new look) and love your new outlook! Congrats on moving on and finding happiness. Love you and miss you too!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

How about many more than just another two years? :-)

Congratulations!

sharah said...

Can I say that I now feel closer to you than ever before? You're like my ... life-twin, I guess. And I totally will be here for as long as you are.

Happy b-day!

Kir said...

love all the new stuff and write about whatever, I'm reading (albeit a bit late lately..work, etc) and will continue. Cannot wait to learn all about you. (As Anna said to the King)

Phoebe said...

I love the new name of your blog! Happy Blogoversary! And happy belated birthday too!