Thursday, July 06, 2006

Ovulation Please

Yes, I am waiting patiently to ovulate. (Sarcasm) What fun!

I pee on a stick (POAS) in the morning for the fertility monitor and on a ovulation predictor at night. There is hardly a chance that I will miss the surge. At least this is what I tell myself. After all if I don't detect the surge, than there definitely will not be an IUI or exactly timed intercourse, and I can't let this happen.

I've used the monitor since January. It only detected a surge once in that entire time. It has no problem in detecting my estrogen increase. The estrogen has been detected every cycle except for one. However, since I can ovulate between cycle day 13 and 38. The monitor directs me to stop POAS on or about cycle day 28. I've learned that I must continue to use the ovulation predictors basically until I see the Wicked Witch. Also, since the monitor is only used in the morning and many people experience the surges in the afternoon, I am also forced to test at night as well by using the ovulation predictors.

The estrogen elevations are also interesting. Mostly because it never detected a spike during my first cycle of Clomid at 50 mg. However, during this cycle of Clomid at 100 mg, it has detected my elevated estrogen levels since cycle day 12 which gives me some hope that I may ovulate this cycle in a timely manner.

So say it with me. PLEASE, OH PLEASE, LET ME OVULATE IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. I will leave out the part about me and T having s*x on that day too.

No comments: