During my trials and tribulations of trying to conceive people have said very insensitive, mean, ignorant things, these are my top ten with comments that came into my head, but I used the filter not to respond:
10. Why else do you get married but to have children?
Really, I thought I got married to spend the rest of my life with T. If I remember my wedding day correctly, I only pledged to be openned to the idea of children.
9. You are young, you've got time.
Why does every doctor I see say this? It is frustrating. Yes, I am only 30. In fertility terms I have time, however if I started this journey at 28, and as time goes by it will only be more difficult. Wouldn't it be smarter to take action NOW?
8. Relax, it'll happen.
Relaxing is NOT going to get me to ovulate or get my testosterone to a "normal" range is it?
7. Aren't you overeacting? You don't have a problem. It is all in your head.
Denial, is not just a river in Egypt Mom. Just because you choose to ignore an issue, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Actually, that is a double negative, therefore it means that it DOES exist.
6. Are you sure your getting the right hole?
Is that what happened with you?
5. Your whole existence should be to give me a grandchild.
You need to reevaluate that idea, because it may never happen.
4. Your just like my granddaughter, much too selfish to have children.
I'll remember that at your next birthday.
3. You know that you shouldn't douche after you have sex if you are trying to conceive?
You really think I am stupid. Stupidity doesn't preclude a person from being a parent, actually sometimes I think it is a requirement. And, since I'm not that stupid, that might be my problem.
2. Maybe you aren't meant to have kids.
Thanks, but since you aren't God, I'd like a second opinion.
1. You better get going on having a kid, before T leaves you.
I think you should be more concerned with your husband my dear. Especially, as a manager of a grocery store he has more emergencies than my husband who is a police officer.