Sunday, June 18, 2006

Flutter

The explanation/definition of Flutter.

Turning 20, this small mile stone birthday, bothered me tremendously. I had finished my Sophomore year of college and I thought of my teens being over and it bothered me. Mostly because I had changed a great deal and many people didn't recognize it.

Just like a butterfly, I wanted it to be recognized. (OK, minus the cocoon, etc.)

I wanted to represent that in some way. It was my acknowledgement of change. So, as many 20 year olds, I got a tattoo. Yup, straight laced me. No one expected it. No one thought I would go through with it. But I was determined. So, in July of 1996, almost ten years ago precisely, I got a tattoo of a butterfly on my lower back.

This is where it started, my alter ego of flutter. :)

Now, as time has had its effect, it has another meaning. It too changes. It now means/represents, the hope of experiencing the flutter of new life within me.

No comments: