Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Another Language?

Yes, this is what I have found that the trying to conceive world has another language. Also, so does the infertile world, but that is a story for another day.

I always thought that I was good at languages. I can speak several. Well, I had no choice but to learn a few of them.

My first language is Portuguese, granted at this point I speak English the best. But, Portuguese was the first. If I wanted to be listened too, this was the language I needed to learn. When I get angry, this is actually the language I resort to. :)

My second language is English. If I wanted to get by in the world, at least in the US, I had no choice to learn it. Glad I did :).

My third and fourth, well they were taught to me in school. The third is technically French. But, since I really can't remember any of it, I don't generally count it. The fourth is Spanish. I can get by, I call it a working knowledge of Spanish. At times, I think I am giving myself too much credit on that one.

The fifth, you are asking? Well, the fifth is trying to conceive language. It has taken me several months to learn it, some of it I still don't fully grasp, but I am muddling through.

I thought I'd share it with you.

The site that I use is care of BabyCenter, http://www.babycenter.com/general/1145946.html

This is the short list of items they provide:

AF: Aunt Flo — menstruation/period
BBL: be back later
BBT: basal body temperature
BC: because, or birth control, or before children
BCPS: birth control pills
BD: baby dance (sex)
BFN: big fat negative (pregnancy test)
BFP: big fat positive (pregnancy test)
BIL: brother-in-law
BRB: be right back
BTDT: been there, done that
BTW: by the way
CD: cycle day
CF: cervical fluid
CIO: cry it out
CM: cervical mucus
DPO: days past ovulation
EWCM: egg white cervical mucus
HPT: home pregnancy test
IC: incompetent cervix
IUI: intrauterine insemination
IVF: in vitro fertilization
LP: luteal phase
MC or M/C: miscarriage
O: ovulation
O'd: ovulated
OPK: ovulation predictor kit
PG: pregnant, or pregnancy
RE: reproductive endocrinologist
TTC: trying to conceive
US or U/S: ultrasound

I count it. Wouldn't you?

No comments: